official blog advertising partner
OFFICIAL TRAVEL PARTNER
asian bloggers hotspot
Day 1 - Wednesday, 28 July 2010
||Opening address from the Chairperson|
|0915||Keynote Address by Yang Amat Berbahagia Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, 4th Prime Minister of Malaysia|
“Building a community around your cause by attracting and engaging people”
||Building your brand online to increase bottomline of your organisation
Dato' Sri Tony Fernandes
- Blogging vs. other traditional marketing tools
- Increasing your company's profile in the world-wide-web
- Influencing and moving people into action
- Benefitting from blog's ability and flexibility in reaching both general and specific target market
Chief Executive Officer
||Understanding & Leveraging the Influence of Customer-Reviews for Your Brand
Beng Soo Ong
Professor of Marketing
California State University, U.S.A.
||Going social: How to communicate the advantage of social media business to the upper management
- Utilising social media as a two-way engagement tool to develop relationship with your client
- Analysing the role of social media as a much more cost effective alternative to reaching your audiences
- Enhancing communication among employees, members, and stakeholders through social media
Founder and Author
Social Media Philippines, Philippines
- How do I go from 10,000 visitor per month to 1 million visitor per month using social media and Google
- The importance of branding your blog from the first day you started blogging.
- What is wrong with bloggers nowadays? Why you MUST NOT blog for money.
Blogging - a new generation of information and lifestyle
- KinkyBlueFairy - history, statistics and making it a full time job
- Online advertising - its rise in Malaysia, and pros & cons
- Social media platforms - the different types and using it to your advantage
||Galvanizing stakeholder support: Three steps to more motivated and committed online engagement
- What is the connection between online and offline worlds which is essential to galvanizing support?
- How do you think about your brand persona and the invitation it extends to stakeholders?
- What is the (not so) secret sauce which moves audiences to action?
- Which case studies best exemplify the lessons being shared?
Assistant Professor of Corporate Communication Practice, Singapore
2010 Fellow, Society for New Communications Research, U.S.A.
||Social Media Advertising in Malaysia: True Stories
- Lessons in effectiveness: Based on a study of 30 online campaigns ran in Malaysia
- The shift from Banner Ads to Social Media Ads in Malaysia
- Advertising on social media vs Advertising in social media
- Social media influence amongst Malaysian youths: What does the data tell us?
- What media agencies, advertisers, and digital agencies say
Youth Asia, Malaysia
||Engaging and connecting with multicultural audience
- What is social media culture?
- Analyzing trends in multicultural online, mobile consumption and spending habits
- Engaging ethnic consumers using specific cultural indicators both superficially and more profoundly
General Manager - Platforms, Technology, and New Business
Alt Media Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of Media Prima Berhad, Malaysia
||Social media conversation: How to gain trust and form relationship with your community
||Special Address by Yang Berbahagia Dato' Raja Nong Chik bin Dato' Raja Zainal Abidin
Minister of Federal Territories And Urban Wellbeing
||Closing by the Chairperson
Day 2 - Thursday, 29 July 2010
||Blogging and the law: Where should bloggers draw the boundary with their content?
- Analysing current provision in law in relation to blogging practices
- Should bloggers practice self-censorship? How far?
- Is there a need to formulate a more blogger-friendly law? Is there any benchmark we can follow?
Founder & Blogger
LawEddie.com & eLawyer.com.my, Malaysia
|0930||Activating social media across the enterprise
- Realigning your business to meet customer's demands for real-time communications
- Formulating social media engagement framework and strategies
- Communicating the new social media strategies of the company to the employee to ensure optimum performance
Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide, Hong Kong
Crash course on WordPress
Find out how to profit from the world’s leading blogging platform and content management system for web sites
Oliver "Blogie" Robillo
India Uncut, India
Am I a journalist first, or a blogger?
- Is a blogger a journalist?
- Media convergence - what it means for the journalist?
- Finding the angles - discovering which works best for each media
- Breaking the story - The story goes online first
||Managing your personal information responsibly in social networks
- Analysing the concept of online privacy in the world today.
- Knowing the risks and understanding the importance of managing your personal information
- Is there a need to have a separate personal and professional account? What are the pros and cons?
- Going back to basic: Reviewing and using privacy settings available within your social media
Ahmad Izham Khairuddin
Head of Outreach Department
How To Work With Social Media Influencers
- How to convince a social media influencer / the online community to broadcast your brand
- Considerations before approaching an influencer
- Case studies on successful online brand communication
||Managing online reputation of your brand
- Monitoring online conversation and engaging with customers to promote yourself in the best channel
- Responding to online review selectively and put yourself in a positive light
- Advertising online to increasing traffic and in turn obtaining customer information
Iim Fahima Jachja
Online Marketing Communication Strategist
Virtual Consulting, Indonesia
Freedom of Speech and Blogging: Finding the Harmony
- Should there be a limit to freedom of speech?
- What is safe and ethical blogging practices?
- Discovering proper etiquette and handling of blogs
- Communicating content regulations effectively to the blogging community
Chaired by: (to be continued)
| Datuk Ahirudin Attan@Rocky Bru
|Oliver "Blogie" Robillo
Mindanao Bloggers Community
||Presentation of Token of Appreciations
||Closing remark by Chairman and End of the conference
* All listed VIPs / Speakers / Panellist have been listed on invited basis